New Headteachers, or new acting headteachers, who are keen to develop their skills in terms of building effective relationships, improving a school’s performance and enjoying the job!
- The first one hundred days and making the most of them!
- Understanding the role of headship and top tips for new headteachers.
- The core purposes of headship: setting the vision, values and goals: a journey to excellence.
- Making your school special.
- Creating and implementing an effective school improvement plan.
- Reducing in-school teaching variation.
- Developing influencing skills and proving effective developmental feedback to colleagues.
- Dealing with conflict successfully.
- Working effectively with the governing body.
- Understanding yourself and others.
- Enabling effective change management.
- Enhancing management skills including use of time and distributed leadership.
- Improving your influencing skills.
Inter-sessional Tasks Include:
- Establishing and working in a trust group.
- Creating a clear, compelling vision for the school.
- Undertaking and responding to a 360 degree leadership review.
Friday 8th November 2013 (follow link to book)
Thursday 13th February 2014 (follow link to book)
Thursday 15th May 2014 (follow link to book)
Click to see reviews of Module 5