Teachers looking to influence a range of areas of school life by increasing understanding and developing a wider range of skills (usually 2-5 years from induction), or UPS teachers.
- Understanding and using data to improve performance.
- Establishing an effective classroom climate for all learners to thrive.
- Establishing excellent practice in teaching.
- Using Practising Teacher Standards (PTS) and toolkits within peer partnerships to improve teaching.
- Using pupil voice to improve teaching and learning.
- Establishing effective LSA working.
- Giving good quality developmental feedback to LSAs.
- Understanding learning walks to improve school performance.
- Understanding ESTYN: Recording and reporting using evaluative language.
- Widen practices to reduce the impact of poverty on under-achievement.
- Understanding and establishing effective PLCs.
- Developmental presentational skills.
Inter-sessional Tasks Include:
- Undertaking a subject data analysis.
- Conducting a learning walk and writing an evaluation.
- Establishing a peer development programme.
Thursday 21st November 2013 (follow link to book)
Friday 14th March 2014 (follow link to book)
Thursday 19th June 2014 (follow link to book)
Click to see reviews of Module 2